About Me

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Ethan's Eczema Part I

Ethan’s Eczema Stories…Still Fighting…Hopefully it will leave him soon

Ethan got his eczema at the age of if I am not wrong around 3-4 months. During my pregnancy I am worried that it may in any situation where in my family there are dermatitis wherelse in my hubby situation he is a sufferer too. Where down the line of the family tree there are occurrences of eczema.  I had zero understanding about eczema. I got to know that Ethan was a sufferer at his age of 3 months where he had his 2nd jab of injection. At that time, we are actually feeding him ANMUM first step. When I opt for cesarean and also want to go for natural birth. I really want to go for natural birth, but I am afraid due to my high blood pressure it may endangered me and Ethan’s life. So after caesarean I understood that, breast milk will eventually come slow and also the amount of milk that I could provide Ethan would have to be taken over by ANMUM. ANMUM was okay and we were advised to give better milk to Ethan therefore, S26 which were what we all drank when we grew up turn out to be a danger to Ethan.  We moved back to Labuan at that period of time. Financially we are not doing well as I am not working at that time. S26 were considering a luxury for a baby. Plus the situation of Ethan got really bad that mitten and botties  not working, skin were so dry that he keep scratching it all the time. I was given Cutivate and also nothing for moisturizer. It went on really bad at a time that we’ve try a few traditional ways of fighting it. We actually bought cornflour and spread all over his body, Mandi him in tea and so many other different ways where we actually act as doctor and try every remedies seek the google to find solution to this. I am living in a very deserted island where as understood in Kota kinabalu itself there is only 2 private dermatologist where there are Dr.Sidhu and Dr.Melinda Tong. Several visit to my hometown but we never make it to the  dermatologist. So we end up visiting Labuan famous paid ,Mr Ong . Where we we bring Ethan with her really flaky and dry skin. We were given antibiotic , medicine to stop the itchiness, hydrocortisone cream( Efficort) and also QV moisturizer cream . And also once we change his milk to Goat Milk (Karihome) which causes me RM45-47.80 per can. It really helps. However, if the weather changes too hot, the air conditioner too high (which cause too dry) coz hubby can’t really sleep in a non-air cond room. Even with so many applications of cream and moisturizer. Still once in a while u will see there is a bump here, red thingy on his join cheek. With her bath cream I actually use cetaphil , Eubos cream bath oil. This year CNY , we decide to book a date with Dr. Sidhu. to be continue...............

No comments:

Post a Comment